THIS RELEASE IS A MAJOR UPDATE. Please read the notes below carefully.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION OF MACHINECHAT JEDI TO V2.5:
* Starting with v2.5, timestamps are stored in UTC format for better compatibility with advanced sensors.
* YOUR EXISTING STORED DATA MUST BE MIGRATED TO UTC FORMAT TO VIEW IT IN DASHBOARDS. Please read instructions below.
* Please close all browser windows connected to Machinechat JEDI before upgrading the binary.
Summary of changes:
* Timestamps are now stored in UTC format to support sensors sending timestamps in different formats.
* Data path enhancements to support up to 200 devices (JEDI Pro license required).
* Support for multiple data and system view dashboards (JEDI Pro license required).
* New data collector for Seeed Studio's SenseCAP LoRaWAN sensors through ChirpStack's http integration (JEDI Pro Seeed Studio Edition license required).
* A re-designed navigation panel for one-click access to dashboards and to create a solution-specific look and feel.
* Moved data collectors and rules engine menus to settings for a cleaner user experience.
* New search/filter control to simplify searching through a large number of devices.
* Added "Latest Updates" newsfeed to learn about software updates, support articles and application notes.
* Added option to enable/disable newsfeed from settings.
MIGRATING STORED DATA FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS TO V2.5 WITH UTC TIMESTAMPS:
* Make a copy of your existing Machinechat JEDI folder for backup, including the existing binary, data and configuration. Link to: Backing up JEDI
* Download the new v2.5 software archive and unzip it.
* Replace the old binary in your existing Machinechat JEDI folder with the new v2.5 binary
* Run mcjedi binary in a command or terminal window with -migrate-to-utc option
e.g. ./mcjedi.exe -migrate-to-utc (Windows)
e.g. ./mcjedi.bin -migrate-to-utc
* Existing stored data will be migrated from metrics/bydate folder to metrics/byUTC.
* Any errors during migration can be found in migration.log
* The migration process can take a while depending on how much data you have. Original data will not be altered.
* After the migration process is complete and you are able to view historical data in dashboards, you may choose to delete the old data in metrics/bydate folder.
* Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.